Our Firm consists of a multidisciplinary staff of professionals with wide experience on diverse technical specialties as mechanical, electrical and industrial engineering, pharmaceutical and medical sciences, biotechnology, and chemistry.
ABREU & ASOCIADOS advise you in filing PCT applications at the Ecuadorian receiving office, as well as nationalizing PCT applications.
Our clients are provided with a complete package of technical and legal services in order to defend their patent rights, through the appropriate counsel and experience in patent litigation, and to evaluate and negotiate licenses.
Our services include, among others:
- Drafting and translating patents,
- Evaluating the fulfillment of the patentability requirements according to the Andean Community law, and other applicable laws,
- Recommending and drafting claim modifications,
- Searches to evaluate patentability or to determine if there is a patent infringement.
- Creating strategies for obtaining patents for inventions,
- Protection of plant varieties, utility models and industrial designs.
- Providing defense to the patent rights through the appropriate counsel and experience in patent litigation.
- Data protection.
- Evaluation and negotiation of transfer of technology, know how, and patent licenses.
- Valuation of intangibles.
ABREU & ASOCIADOS offer you our broad experience in managing and advising large and complex patent portfolios.