ABREU & ASOCIADOS have wide experience in all areas of intellectual property law.
Our attorneys have the necessary expertise and knowledge to identify and defend our client’s trademarks and copyrights, and to provide timely protection and defense of domain names after local and international authorities.
ABREU & ASOCIADOS advise in drafting and negotiating transfer of technology contracts, transactional agreements and in licenses and franchising matters.
Our portfolio includes the following practice areas, among others:
- Filing and prosecuting trademark, commercial names, slogans and trade dress applications before the Ecuadorian Trademark Office (IEPI).
- Searching for trademark use and registration.
- Defending clients’ rights in oppositions, nullity and cancellation actions and enforcing these rights against third parties in administrative and judicial proceedings.¨
- Trademark infringement and unfair competition cases.
- Identifying and defending clients’ copyright.
- Legal deposit of literary, scientific and artistic works. Software and database registration.